1) Let’s start with a couple of halfway-line goals. First up, Sam Clucas punishes a woeful free-kick from Barnsley goalkeeper Bradley Collins with a sublime 50-yard wedge into the empty goal during Stoke’s 4-2 victory. But for us, nothing beats the cool indifference with which Conor McDermott sets himself up for this thronker during Cliftonville’s 4-0 win over Warrenpoint last weekend – and here’s the club’s own aerial shot of the wonder-strike.
2) Freiburg’s manager Christian Streich is sent flying by Frankfurt’s captain David Abraham. Cue brawl!
3) Here’s some snazzy technology that makes you feel like you are on the pitch as South Africa score their first try against England in the Rugby World Cup final, before switching angles to give you a Kick Off 2-style bird’s-eye view.
4) Lamar Jackson is one seriously special player.
5) For only the second time in 20 years, the USWNT lost to a college basketball opponent, as Oregon pulled off the unlikely win. And speaking of upsets, how about unranked Evansville taking down Kentucky?
6) David Villa has retired. He is Spain’s all-time leading goalscorer and he loved a backheel, for club and country. Here he is being brilliant at Valencia, scoring some wonderful goals for Barcelona and he still had it at Atlético and New York City FC. There are highlights of his time at Sporting Gijon many moons ago here, too.
Also in making-you-feel-old corner: 25 years ago this week – Michael Schumacher v Damon Hill at the Australian Grand Prix.
1) What once was (and might be again?): brilliant French rugby.
3) Wayne Rainey, three-times 500cc world champion, paralysed from the chest down, rides a motorbike for the first time in 26 years.
Spotters’ badges: crumbbum, steven daly, Dormant4
Guardian YouTube football channel
Guardian YouTube sport channel