Arthritis is a common condition affecting more than 10 million people in the UK.
It can cause debilitating pain, and even the simplest of movements can be hard to perform.
But those with arthritis also looking to lose weight need not miss out.
There are a number of simple exercises you can still do to work core, upper body and lower body – even Tai Chi.
The recommendations come from Arthritis Foundation, and these three exercises strengthen the bicep muscles, triceps, upper back and shoulders.
Armchair Arm Work
- Holding weights at your sides, palms facing upward, bend your elbows, bringing your hands up.
- Keeping your arms by your side, lower your hands slowly and repeat.
Horizontal Arm Pull
- Gripping an exercise band, extend arms forward, palms down.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together while pulling your arms out to the side.
- Slowly return to starting position and repeat.
If you have arthritis and you’re looking to tighten up your abs, try these three moves.