Meanwhile, the pandemic appeared to be worsening around the globe, with Spain’s three-day streak of falling deaths broken, and US surpassing Italy in Covid-19 casualties. The Spanish spurt pushed Europe’s death toll beyond 75,000.
Here are all the latest developments:
COUNT SO FAR:
- Two deaths in Indore; Madhya Pradesh death toll now 32.
- One death, 25 new cases in Gujarat; state tally rises to 493.
- One death in Tamil Nadu; 11 deaths in total, with 969 cases.
- 134 new cases in Maharashtra; state tally rises to 1,895.
- 96 new cases in Rajasthan; state total now at 796.
- 20 more test positive in Uttar Pradesh, taking the tally to 479.
- 14 new cases in Haryana, state count now 179.
- 11 fresh cases in Karnataka; 226 in total.
- Seven new cases in Chhattisgarh, total up to 25.
- Four new cases in Odisha, tally rises to 54.
- Three new cases in Bhopal.
LIFE UNDER LOCKDOWN:
- Delhi declares 33 containment zones and begins aggresive testing in zones.
- Karnataka State RTC cancels bookings, starts processing refunds.
- Union Ministers lobby for partial resumption of industry, road projects.
- Rs 5000 fine/3-year jail for not wearing masks in Ahmedabad.
- Lawyers ask CJI to take suo moto cognizance of increased child abuse during lockdown.
AROUND THE WORLD:
- 1,920 deaths in America, total now 20,506, higher than Italy.
- Russia reports 2,186 cases in 24 hours.
- 714 cases in Japan, highest spike, yet.
- 399 cases in Indonesia, country’s biggest daily increase.
- 254 new cases in Pakistan, total deaths now 86.
- China’s imported cases double to 99.
- Three Indians test positive in Nepal.
- Saudi Arabia extends lockdown indefinitely
- 400 Australians evacuated from India.